Wednesday, July 14, 2010

sewing

i have spent the day today finishing some of my unfinished projects. i finished 4 dresses. two for my granddaughters and two for my website. i also made some pendants....some people call them flags. i made some for my granddaughters rooms and have also made them for a baby shower. everyone loves them. i can remember these when i was a little girl at all the used car lots. of course, they were made of plastic and would draw your eye to the car lot. i just make them now to add a little color to the top of the wall or the ceiling area of the childs bedroom. i liked them so much that i had to make some for myself. my sewing room is boring to say the least. white walls, yawn, and not much else. so recently i tore down the white curtains and made these nice red and white print curtains. a slight improvment. the other day i looked at the left over piece of fabric and dug into a bin and found a red and white stripe to match...... i sat looking at both fabrics and decided to make my own flags. i love them!

2 comments:

  1. wow, cool! can't wait to see them!!! your sewing room is really coming around isn't it!!! fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are fun! I like to make banners for birthdays too :)

    ReplyDelete